MAIL FOR ELDER NICELER:

Address:
Elder Peter Henry Niceler
California Rancho Cucamonga Mission
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701

Email: pniceler@myldsmail.net

Week 1 -- 1st Area -- 1st Companion -- Hesperia, CA

June 9, 2014 -- 5:28pm



My first area is Hesperia, so, I'm up in what they call the high desert.  So, it's pretty hot up here.  I'm in a biking area and to be honest it really isn't that bad.  My trainer is Elder Bowman, he is from Fortworth, Texas.  He is awesome.  All we've really done so far is visit members of the ward I'm serving in so I can get to know them, and they are all really nice, the Bishop is pretty funny.  We get fed pretty much every night from the ward members.  My day goes like this:  we wake up at 6:30 and exercise, we then get ready for the day at 7, then, from 8-9 we do personal study, from 9-10 we do companionship study, and then from 11-12 we do another hour of companionship study, because we have to go through this twelve week packet.  Already got a flat tire my second day out.  And, this dog was following us and had a seizure.  We knocked on every door around us, but we couldn't find it's owner.  And, we also had a guy tell us to go on youtube and look up the frauds of our church. We also had a couple of police officers cautiously approach our door, they knocked and we opened up and they were shocked to see two guys dressed in white shirts and ties.  So my second day was crazy.  I really like it up here in Hesperia. There are a couple things that are a little annoying.  First, our shoes are always extremely dusty, and second, the heat is ridiculous.  It was in the hundreds today.  The ward members are great.  We had like 5 less active families show up to church which shocked us.  One guy hadn't been to church in like 15 years, and this one family we just went and visited, came and we didn't even invite them to come to church.  It was pretty awesome.  I miss all of you guys so much.

Love,

Elder Niceler

P.S.  I forgot to bring my camera with me I'll make sure to email pictures to you next week.