MAIL FOR ELDER NICELER:

Address:
Elder Peter Henry Niceler
California Rancho Cucamonga Mission
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701

Email: pniceler@myldsmail.net

Week 27 -- 2nd Area -- 3rd Companion -- Apple Valley, CA

December 8, 2014


Hey!

Well, this last week definitely wasn't my best week.  It was chalked full of trials and just hard times.  Both my companion and I had the hardest time waking up and doing studies and we had a hard time being able to see our investigators.  We had to drop one because he went to jail.  And dropped another one because things just weren't playing out right.  I gave Elder Tate two blessings and one I healed his headache that he had.  He wakes up every morning and has a migraine. To add on top of that he will usually get another one during the day.  

We were able to find two new investigators and with one we had a pretty cool experience.   Elder Tate and I walked out of a house after having dinner and the same thought popped into both of our heads. We both didn't say anything, so we continued our walk back to our place.  About halfway there Elder Tate stops and says, "We need to go and see Christina Reeves."  So, me knowing that I had ignored a prompting from the spirit, agreed and we turned around and walked to her house.  Once we got there we knocked on the door and she happened to be home.  The most surprising thing was she normally isn't home on that day till later because she works that day.  We talked with her for a bit and then set up a return appointment and gave her a "He is the Gift" card.  We both were a little frustrated with ourselves because we both ignored a prompting.  But, we were extremely grateful that we got the prompting again and that we were able to meet with Christina. 

I'm listening to Elder Tate play the piano right now.  He's super good at playing the piano.  So, every night, after planning, he'll play the piano and sing.  I love Elder Tate!  He's super awesome!  So far this transfer I've given Elder Tate 5 priesthood blessings and he has given me 2.  We've also been blessed to give a bunch of priesthood blessings to members in our ward.  Priesthood Blessings truly work!  You can always ask for one.

We got to go and do service at a Squash Farm where they grow all kinds of vegetables.  I got the worst job.  I had to pull a cart around as one of the staff members sprayed the plants.  After that, we went home and got dressed and then my zone and another zone sang at the Apple Valley Christmas Tree Lighting.  We did pretty good.  We got to see the tree that they were going to light and ummmm...  Man, it was terrible.  It looked nothing like a Christmas Tree.


It's going to be an awesome week!

Remember that going to church is never a bad thing.  One thing I've learned on my mission is that church is where we go to prepare to make covenants and to keep the covenants we've made.  The Lord loves you!  We are given trials because they are what help us reach our potential.  Heavenly Father gives them to us because they're what will help us become like Him.

Well, I hope all of you are having an amazing week. Keep up the good work.  Tell everyone hi and that I love them!



Love,

Elder Niceler

P.S.  I will definitely have pictures next week I forgot the cord that allows me to download the pictures to the computer