MAIL FOR ELDER NICELER:

Address:
Elder Peter Henry Niceler
California Rancho Cucamonga Mission
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701

Email: pniceler@myldsmail.net

Week 36 -- 2nd Area -- 4th Companion -- Apple Valley, CA

February 9, 2015

I've now been out for 9 months. 9 MONTHS!!!!!!!! Crazy!  Well, I've now got a new companion.  His name is Elder Haglund, he's from Idaho Falls, is the youngest in his family, and has been out for almost 13 months. He's also a little quiet.

I already really miss Elder Tate.  He was more than a companion to me.  He was a friend, we loved being around each other, and we new each others strengths and because of that we worked really well with each other. 

I'm now a district leader and I'm super excited and nervous.  I know that I'll do a good job, it's just I'm worried that I'm gonna have a hard time with planning district meetings. 

This last week was just super weird.  Since we had the temple trip on Thursday, we had our P-Day on that day and it threw off our week.  Monday, was a normal proselyting day, but, to be honest, for Elder Tate & I it turned out to be another P-Day.  It didn't help that we had a dentist appointment to go to for Elder Tate, which totally killed our Monday because we had to bike there and it was pretty far away and , man, it was long.  The rest of the week was slowed down by Elder Tate's headaches and our appointments canceling on us.  Tuesday was interesting.  We held our district meeting and after that we went and had sushi.  Elder Tate decided to get the all you can eat.  Well, he ended up eating too much and was sick the rest of the day.  So, that was absolutely awesome.  Wednesday, we were on exchanges and I was in the Zone Leaders' are all day.  So, I got to be in a car and it was amazing!  Going to the temple on Thursday was absolutely awesome!  It's always nice to be able to take your mind off the worldly things and listen to what God has to say.  

Our investigator Karl got baptized, it was super awesome seeing him get baptized!  I had the wonderful opportunity of conducting the meeting.  Elder Tate and I also had the honor of baptizing two investigators that our ward mates (missionaries serving in the same ward), Sister Cornett and Sister Wihongi, taught.

Well, I'm gonna talk about what I learned from Elder Tate.  With Elder Tate I had the opportunity of giving him many blessings, as well as, having him give me many blessings.  And let me tell you the power of priesthood blessings helps a ton!!  The priesthood blessings that I've received have brought me so much peace and comfort.  They're never bad and they always tell you something you need to hear.  

Elder Tate showed me how important loving the people you serve around you is.  As he was saying good bye to people, a bunch of them were crying.  At first I was a little jealous because they weren't showing that they cared about me.  But, what I realized was that they do care, they were just sad to see one of their friends go.  I came to realize that loving people is what motivates us to do things.  In Matthew 22: 36-39, Jesus taught the man who asked him:

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

We learn from this scripture that to love is the first commandment.  We know that love is what will drive us to do anything. As is says in John 14:15,5"If ye love me keep my commandments." Elder Tate was a great example of this.  The second thing I learned from Elder Tate is how to pray. Now, I know that you start off by saying Dear Heavenly Father and end with in the name of Jesus Christ amen.  What Elder Tate taught me was that prayer is our way of talking to Heavenly Father.  He told me once "Thanking Heavenly Father for things, and asking for blessings is good; but I think that it's okay to just talk to Him like we talk with each other."  Now, obviously we should still use the language of prayer. But, he's totally right!  As I've talked with Heavenly Father how I talk with everyone else (still using the language of prayer) my relationship with him has grown.   Prayer is so key and if you make your prayers better than things in your life will get better.  I promise that as a representative of Jesus Christ.

I'm super excited for this transfer with Elder Haglund!  We're going to go out and work really hard. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's true church.  If we have a love for this gospel and we're living it, then we'll always do what the Lord wants us to do.  The Lord is Hastening is work and the only way that missionary work will get done effectively is if the members and the missionaries work together.  I love all of y'all so much!

Love,

Elder Peter H. Niceler





This last Saturday our Sisters (the Sister Missionaries serving in the same ward as me and my companion) had two baptisms.  I got to baptize one of them and Elder Tate got to baptize the other, and we also had a baptism.  The girl standing closest to me is the one I baptized.







These are pictures with the Weicher family, who are in our ward.
We went and got pictures in case we were getting transferred.







Elder Tate & I with our investigator, Karl, who got baptized and the guy who baptized him. 








Me & Elder Aso who I absolutely love!  He was in my very first zone.