MAIL FOR ELDER NICELER:

Address:
Elder Peter Henry Niceler
California Rancho Cucamonga Mission
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701

Email: pniceler@myldsmail.net

Week 41 -- 2nd Area -- 4th Companion -- Apple Valley, CA

March 16, 2015

This last week was pretty good.  We saw everyone that we wanted to and it ended up being really good.  Our investigator, Jacob,  is doing really good, he's progressing so much.  He loves having us come over. 

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately.  There is one thing that has really stuck in my mind and it's this.  Elder Haglund and I had a really good companionship inventory, and I said something pretty profound to him.  I said this "Elder Haglund, Elder Fullmer (another missionary) changed your mission, I want to change your mission even more."  As I thought about what I said I came to realize one thing.  That our Heavenly Father is saying the same thing to us.  He's saying I've changed your life now, and I want to change it even more.  I also realized another thing, what I realized is that the gospel of Jesus Christ can heal people through the atonement of Jesus Christ.  But, it can only heal them if they are living the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

I'll share one quick story from this week.  Elder Haglund and I were walking back to our house and we saw this girl walking so, we waved at her and she waved back and said, "Hi."  So, we said "Hi" back and then just kept walking.  Once we'd passed her both of us turned and said "WOW!!! She's hot!" and we still continued to walk.  As I was thinking I started to feel really bad that we didn't talk to her more. So, Elder Haglund and I decided that we would go back to our house get a drink and then head back out to go and find her.  So, we went and walked to where we saw her and kept walking thinking she was just a little bit ahead.  We got to one point and decided that she'd not gone this direction so we turned around and turned down another street.  After not finding her on that street we decided to go back home.  While walking back home we ran into her and it took us a bit to build the courage to talk with her.  So, we let her pass us once and then decided to go and talk with her.  Well, she walked up to this house and we weren't just going to stop and wait for her so we decided to contact this guy who was walking so we did and that went well we gave him a mormon.org card, and let him keep on going.  Talking with him didn't take long enough, so, we walked by her and then paused to send a text and she walked by us and we started talking to her.  It was super awesome.  We found out that her dad investigated the church a long time ago and that he was pretty into it.  He didn't get baptized though.  We kept talking to her and found out that she didn't live anywhere near our area and then she said she'd take anything we'd had.  So, we gave her a restoration pamphlet and a mormon.org card and gave an overview of what was in the pamphlet.  In us going and talking to her, it made me realize that it is way easier to talk to people than I make it seem.  But this made my week. 

My cousin, Julianna, asked me what I really like (as a missionary) that members do.  My answer to her was, "I love it when members come to us with questions and concerns they have about sharing the gospel.  The thing that members don't seem to realize is that we're normal people.  They all seem to think that we are perfect at doing the work, when, that isn't true at all.  I also love it when members just try to become friends with those we're teaching, and, also when they come up and introduce themselves to our investigators at church."

I love all of you so much, I pray for you daily.

Love,

Elder Peter H. Niceler




My Zone



Pics in front of our apartment.





Pics inside our apartment.




Making eggs for breakfast this morning.