MAIL FOR ELDER NICELER:

Address:
Elder Peter Henry Niceler
California Rancho Cucamonga Mission
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701

Email: pniceler@myldsmail.net

Week 42 -- 2nd Area -- 4th Companion -- Apple Valley, CA

March 23, 2015

I'm now a Zone Leader!!!!  I'm now in a car, which is super nice.  I'm glad that I won't be biking everyday.  I'm going back to Hesperia, but, this time I'll be in a different Zone, Zone B.  My new companion, Elder Russell, so far seems to be super awesome.  He's only been a Zone Leader for one transfer!  He's from Utah (I have no idea where in Utah) I'll figure out where and tell you.  He's been out for 14 months and he loves to run.  So, we're gonna start going on runs in the morning.  I'm super excited about that.

Well, I was District Leader for just one transfer and I have to say I loved being one.  My last week in the Ranchos Ward was a good week.  We went out and worked hard and just had a great week.  It seemed like everyday we'd come home and be wiped out, and all we'd want to do is plan for the next day and then just go right to bed.  And it seemed like we were never getting enough sleep.  Two days of last week I slept straight through the 6:30am alarm and I was woken up by the 7:00am alarm.  So, that was a little frustrating.  Our investigator, Jacob, will be getting baptized on April 4th and I'll be able to go back and be there for it.  So I'm super excited for that.

The church has come out with another initiative called He Lives #HeLives.  On the 27th of this month there will be a video that you can watch by going to helives.mormon.org.  It's gonna be super awesome.  This Saturday, the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders have a meeting to talk about this initiative as well.  We will have the opportunity to be taught by a 70.  It's gonna be super awesome.  The name of the 70 who is coming is  Elder Brent H. Nielson.

I've been thinking and teaching a lot about the need for everyone, investigators, less-actives, and members to gain a personal witness by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church.  We need this witness if we are to be converted to this gospel.  Elder D. Todd Christofferson said that relying on ones testimony will only take you so far.  We learn in Matthew the importance of gaining a personal witness from the Holy Ghost. It says in Matthew 16:13-18,  
     13 Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
     14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the
          prophets.
     15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
     16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
     17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not 
          revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.   
We know that even after receiving that witness Peter denied knowing Christ.  But, because he did he later became a faithful servant of the Lord.  I pray that each and every one of you seek to gain this personal witness.  I love all of you.

Love, 
Elder Peter H. Niceler


Me & a less active member I worked with.




We played some basketball today.  Here are a few pics....






A bunch of pics I took just for fun! :)