MAIL FOR ELDER NICELER:

Address:
Elder Peter Henry Niceler
California Rancho Cucamonga Mission
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701

Email: pniceler@myldsmail.net

Week 76 -- 5th Area -- 8th Companion -- Spring Valley Lakes, CA

November 23, 2015

Last week was a stressful week for me.  I'm training a greenie who is homesick, we have a very difficult area to find people to work with, and I'm also a District Leader.  President Hobbs trusts me way too much.  But, in all honesty, I have a super easy district.  My district has the Zone Leaders, the Sister Missionary Training Leaders, and one other companionship.  They're all really great at being responsible and working hard.

My companion, Elder McLaws, is really struggling.  He really misses home and he really misses his girlfriend.  The girlfriend one is the one that drives me the most crazy.  I'm doing my best and trying hard to keep us busy.  The only problem is that we do a ton of walking and that gives him way too much time to think about home and other things.  I've tried using that time to review and discuss things from Preach My Gospel or the scriptures.  I've even tried to think about and discuss questions investigators might have and how we might answer them.  The thing is that Elder McLaws isn't really trying to participate or he says he can't think of anything.  And, in all honesty, our area gives us more doors being slammed and people not being interested in talking with us which leads to more time to think about other stuff.  I know that if we just keep doing our best, keep working hard, refuse to give up, and continue having faith in the Lord and His ability to help us that blessings will come and we will find those whom, the Lord knows, are ready and desirous to hear our message and learn about the gospel.  I've already learned this through experience.  But, Elder McLaws is struggling and he just expects it to be easy.  I want to talk with him about his home and family, but, right now I feel like that would just make things worse.  I've asked him why he came on a mission.  Some of the reasons are a little frightening, but, overall, it was his choice and he says he prayed about it and felt that serving a mission was right for him.  So, I've tried reminding him of that prompting and answer to his prayer about coming on a mission.  But, it just seems like he would rather let home and everything else take priority first.  It'll all work out.  I won't give up.  I have given him a blessing and will ask if he wants another one again.

If you or dad have any advice I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!  I love you,

Elder Peter H. Niceler (via email conversation with my mother)